Sign up to be a bus rider here
In an effort to optimize transportation and enhance service, as of January 4, 2024, the Carthage R-9 School District will be transitioning to a new "HUB" system for bus routing. We want to ensure that this transition is smooth for both you and your child.
Here are the key points you need to know:
- SPED and Early Childhood Routes: There will be no changes to these routes.
- Elementary Boundary Alignment: Bus routes will now align specifically with elementary school boundaries. This means every bus rider will be assigned a route based on their home address's elementary school.
- HUB Arrival Times: All buses will arrive at designated HUBs (Columbian, Fairview, Steadley, and PV) with K-12 home-to-school students on board by 7:15 AM.
- Transfer for 4th-12th Graders: Students in grades 4 through 12 will transfer to the appropriate bus at their assigned HUB to reach their final destination (CIC, 6th Grade Center, Jr. High, or CHS).
- After-School Transport: At the end of the school day, all 4th to 12th graders will take the designated transfer bus back to their assigned HUB (Columbian, Fairview, Steadley, and PV) for transport home.
- Mark Twain Elementary Students: Students in grades 4 through 12 residing in the Mark Twain Elementary boundary will continue to be transported to their school.
Please click on the bus number below to see bus route stops and times.