All enrollments are now handled online. Don't have dependable internet access or need a little help? Come into the Welcome Center, 710 Lyon Street.
Information requested for enrollment in the Carthage R-9 School District:
- Proof of age (medical records, birth certificate, baptismal records, passport, etc.)
- Student’s immunization records
- Proof of residency (rental contract, realty contract, utility bill, deposit receipt or other special circumstances)
- Last year’s report card or other proof of grade placement (except kindergarteners, who need proof of age)
- Present address and phone number
- Parent or guardian’s place of employment and work phone number
- Emergency contact person (in case parents cannot be reached)
- Doctor’s name and phone number
- Student’s social security number (optional)
- Communication arts and math placement tests are required prior to enrollment for all 7th and 8th-grade students
Persons with questions regarding elementary boundaries may call Dr. Holley Goodnight at 417-359-7000. Students new to the district may not enroll until verification of immunizations has been provided to the school. Students previously enrolled whose immunizations are due during the summer must provide proof of those immunizations prior to receiving their class schedules at the beginning of the school year or attending class.
- Children who are five years of age before August 1 are eligible to enroll for kindergarten. Students/parents should provide proof of age, which may be a birth certificate or hospital record showing date of birth. A screening by Parents As Teachers is required before kindergarten enrollment.
- All schedules will be mailed to Junior High School students prior to the first day of school if immunizations are up to date.
- High School schedules will be available online through Infinite Campus beginning August 1. Students may print a paper copy from home or from the Media Center.
- Freshman orientation will be held Tuesday, August 15, from 8:00 am -12:00 pm at the High School. Students will receive information about the routines and procedures of the High School, including their schedules and locker assignments.
- Padlocks on hall lockers are optional, but are recommended for security purposes. If a lock is desired, it must be a school-issued lock. A deposit of $5.00 is required from each locker occupant and will be returned to the student at the end of the school year when the lock is returned. Physical education locks are required and will be issued during the first class meeting by the physical education teacher. Students who lose their P.E. locks will be charged $5.00, the replacement value of the lock. This will be done on a semester basis in the physical education classes.
- Students planning to drive to school must register their license plate with the High School office and buy a parking tag ($2) to park in the student lot.
Ready to enroll your student? Click here